Thursday, February 4, 2021

Writing (Imaginative Arts Week)


1. Finish the book!
If you want to get started on the next book, we will be reading "The Princess Bride", by William Goldman.  This is a big book!  Make sure you pace yourselves.  I've seen the movie 1000 times, but I've never read the book.  I'm so excited!
 Write this paragraph from the book.  Use your best handwriting.

    “Take care, Seaweed Brain,” Annabeth told me. “Keep your eyes open.”
    “You too, Wise Girl.”
    I watched her walk up the hill and join her family. She gave her father an 
awkward hug and looked back at the valley one last time. She touched Thalia’s pine tree, then allowed herself to be led over the crest and into the mortal world.

    For the first time at camp, I felt truly alone. I looked out at Long Island Sound and I remembered my father saying, The sea does not like to be restrained.

     I made my decision.

    I wondered, if Poseidon were watching, would he approve of my choice?
    “I’ll be back next summer,” I promised him. “I’ll survive until then. After all, I 
am your son.” I asked Argus to take me down to cabin three, so I could pack my bags for home.

(Chapter 22, The Prophecy Comes True) (Go look at the book for the exact way it should be written.  Sometimes the spacing doesn't work right when I copy and paste.)

2.  Work on your gratitude statement, video clip and writing.  I hope you are enjoying this challenge. 

3. Study your spelling words.  This will be an opportunity to earn vanguard bucks.  

We will kind of do it like last time.You will get a word and if you 

get it right, you get a buck.  No one will get out.  

Everyone will get about 3 words to spell.  

You just won't know which words, 

so you'll want to study all of them.


4. Write 2 pages in your handwriting books.  Keep working on catching up if you are behind.



5. Finish writing your autobiography.  Bring it printed and ready to share!  I'm not sure how the sharing will happen, but it will.

Step 8. Refine your writing

Repeat step 7 as needed. New drafts should be followed by new reads from new people. Throughout the process, you will refine your writing skills and your autobiographical know how. Hopefully you will end up producing a final draft that is leaps and bounds beyond what you produced in a first draft—but that still holds true to the most important elements of your life and your personal truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing (Imaginative Arts Week)

 Writing 1. Finish reading "The Bronze Bow." 2. Write this passage from the book.      A quick guttur...